Hit Refresh Try-Athlon: 8 Unmistakable Signs That You Need To Hit The Refresh Button.
If you ask us, it’s one of the greatest failures of human evolution that we haven’t yet managed to grow our own refresh buttons.
A little nubbin above the glutes would do it: a switch you could ask your friends to turn off then on again when you need boosting.
Because without that little glute-nub, it’s up to you to pay attention to how you’re feeling; to watch for the unmistakable signs to hit the refresh button.
Recognize any of these? If so, it’s time to take action: acknowledge that you need a break, step back from the stresses, and put a refresh plan in place to help you reconnect with what’s important:
1. Your internal body clock seems to be stuck on the Monday 4 am Mode.
It’s as if you’ve been condemned to Groundhog Hour.
2. You’ve been reading the same line of text for about 5 minutes, but are certain you’ll never absorb what it actually says.
This particular line of text right here doesn’t do much. Which is OK, since you’ll probably skip over it.
3. When asked how you’re doing, you can’t say ‘Fine, thanks’ without adding a sardonic laugh.
Only slightly more acceptable than replying, ‘Don’t ask. You can’t handle the truth.’
4. A puppy scampers towards you, begging to be stroked. You advise it’s dialed a wrong number and walk on.
It’s a modern tragedy.
5. You’ve genuinely forgotten what the sky looks like.
Your inbox is the only landscape you know – and the forecast is looking gloomy.
6. You’re playing ‘Hurt’ by Johnny Cash on repeat.
understands your pain.
7. As soon as your right eye stops twitching the left one kicks into action.
Your own body’s conspiring against you.
8. Ice cream tastes like the dust of empty dreams.
Oh boy. Houston, we have a problem.
Searching for your refresh plan? Our Hit Refresh Try-Athlon could be exactly what you need to feel tip-top, and ready to take your life back into your own hands. Book yourself a day for adventure, side-step out of that stifling comfort zone, and see if you can try all 3 of these awesome Hit Refresh activities in 24 hours. Your twitching eyes and dead taste buds will thank you for it.
Check out another of our Try-Althlon posts here